The Role of the REN in the response of the Nigerian Higher Education to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Understand the current challenges in higher education and determine requirements for an appropriate response.
- Highlight the role of the REN in overcoming the major challenges.
- Define a roadmap and action plan for effective support for Nigerian R&E during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Theme: The role of the REN in the response of Nigerian Higher Education to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Date: Thursday 30 July 2020 Time: 11:00 – 13:30 WAT
Convenor: Professor Charles Uwadia, – Chair, Eko-Konnect Research and Education Initiative and President, Computer Professionals of Nigeria (CPN)
Moderator: Professor Tanko Ishaya – Chairman, Committee of ICT Directors of Nigerian Universities
Target Audience: Administrators and Directors of ICT in Nigerian Higher Education and Research Institutes
- Welcome remarks by the convenor
- Setting the stage by the moderator
- Interactive session – state of affairs (with audience participation tools)
- Research and Education Networking in Nigeria – an update on available tools and services.
- Interactive discussion for next steps
- Closing remarks